Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Gone Fishing - The ring for anyone who loves fishing, and whose site show it.  Private fishing stories, commercial charter operati

Forums     Login   Signup

Gone Fishing

Manager: tattooed_ogre
The ring for anyone who loves fishing, and whose site show it.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

An Embarrassing Display... - 12/11/2012
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CZSIVy7JGlg/UMeoBGRJPwI/AAAAAAAAAzg/_0vQDmWbZM4/s400/12-10-2012_001.jpg

Well, I went up to Altmar to fish steelies on the Salmon River with my brother Doug and friend and guide Scott Glazier . I love the December fishing, as the crowds subside and there are nice steelhead in the upper river. It’s not a fast and furious bite like the spring run, and fish are transitioning into winter patterns, but the chances for both large fish as well as incoming fresh fish abound. Water was finally up as the power company increased the flow from below 250-300cfs to about 750 cfs Friday evening. Two weeks ago we were bumping ass down the river, now we had some water. Of course, these fish are sensitive to change, which can challenge anglers not out fishing the river almost daily. Scott is excellent, and put us on a number of good fish Saturday. If you are only used to the salmon runs, or the spring steelhead runs, this may not be the type of fishing you are accustomed to. Rarely are you going to hook dozens of fish, so y...

An Embarrassing Display...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy